Mathematics – Early Stage 1 – Unit 13
This two-week unit develops student knowledge, understanding and skills of making and using equal groups.
Mathematics K-2 Syllabus © 2021 NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales.
Students are provided with opportunities to:
- recognise equal and unequal groups
- share collections by forming equal groups.
Syllabus focus and content group
Representing whole number – MAO-WM-01, MAE-RWN-01, MAE-RWN-02
- Instantly name the number of objects within small collections
- Use the counting sequence of ones flexibly
- Recognise number patterns
- Connect counting and numerals to quantities
Forming groups – MAO-WM-01, MAE-FG-01, MAE-FG-02
- Copy, continue and create patterns
- Investigate and form equal groups by sharing
- Record grouping and sharing