Contact us – Early learning
The Early Learning team as part of the Curriculum Early Years and Primary Learners unit provides schools with advice on:
- the national regulations and department policies to support the management and operation of public preschools
- early childhood pedagogy and curriculum
- transition to school
- Schools as Community Centres
- Australian Early Development Census.
The Early Learning team makes notifications to the regulatory authority on behalf of public preschools. The Early Learning team should be contacted in the event of:
- an incident involving serious illness, injury, trauma or urgent medical attention of a child while attending the preschool
- a child missing from the premises
- removal of a child in a way that breached the regulations
- a child is mistakenly locked in or out of the preschool
- attendance of emergency services
- allegations that physical or sexual abuse of a child has occurred while attending preschool
- if a complaint is made about the health or safety of a child
- proposed changes to the premises.
Early Learning contact details
- email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone – 1300 083 698
- For information about enrolling a child in a public preschool or early intervention class, families can contact the school directly.
- For information about early childhood services in your local area, visit the Starting Blocks website.
- Private and community-based early childhood services can contact the Early Childhood Education Directorate on 1800 619 113 for regulatory advice.