The preschool early learning unit provides schools with advice in relation to:
- the national regulations and department policies to support the management and operation of department preschools
- transition and
- early intervention services
The early learning unit makes notifications to the regulatory authority on behalf of department preschools. Early learning advisers should also be contacted in the event that any of the following occurs:
- an incident involving serious illness, injury, trauma or urgent medical attention of a child while attending the preschool
- a child missing from the premises
- removal of a child in a way that breached the regulations
- a child is mistakenly locked in or out of the preschool
- attendance of emergency services
- allegations that physical or sexual abuse of a child has occurred while attending preschool
- if a complaint is made about the health or safety of a child
- proposed changes to the premises
For information about enrolling in a department preschool or early intervention class, parents and caregivers can directly contact the school they wish to attend to find out more information.
Private and community based early childhood services can contact the Early Childhood Education Directorate on 1800 616 113 for regulatory advice.
Early Learning contact
If you have a question or would like further information and support please send us an email and we will be in touch within 48 hours.
Contact Early Learning at email@example.com