AEDC Professional learning and events
Learn about key events organised by AEDC National and AEDC NSW and find information from past events.
AEDC 2021 National Conference
The AEDC 2021 National Conference took place on 15-19 March 2021. Resources from the conference can be accessed through the AEDC national conference website or by contacting email@example.com.
AEDC NSW Annual Research Symposium
AEDC NSW invites educators, researchers and community workers from schools, preschools, childcare centres, government agencies, university researchers and research institutes to participate in the 2022 research symposium on 11 August 2022.
Sessions from the 2022 symposium videos – Research showcase, Research in practice and Research in action.
Sessions from the 2021 symposium – 'We collected the data, we have our school's preliminary report – what next?'
Online professional learning
Practitioners in government and non-government schools and early childhood education and care centres can complete AEDC online professional learning (OPL) courses. These are all elective professional learning courses.
- The Australian Early Development Census (AEDC) microlearning (course code NRG36409) – A suite of professional learning modules designed to assist participants in understanding how they can engage with and use AEDC data to support the development of policy and practice.
- School leaders engaging with Australian Early Development Census (AEDC) 2021 school report – explains how to interpret and engage with the AEDC early school preliminary snapshot and AEDC school profile from the 2021 AEDC data collection. Participants will have an opportunity to reflect on questions that can guide their engagement with their school snapshot report and profile.
- Engaging with the AEDC data for teachers
- focuses on the value of AEDC data in supporting children's learning, well-being and implementing differentiated teaching
- learn how to interpret and engage with the AEDC data
- provides examples of how to adapt practice to support children’s development in the five AEDC domains
- provides guidance on possible actions that educators can take as they use the AEDC data to inform or make assumptions that inform future planning.
- AEDC NSW hosted a conversation with Telethon Kids Institute on the AEDC data in this podcast.
If you are interested in hosting an AEDC data workshop in your school or community, please contact the NSW AEDC State Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.