Our professional learning support and workshops provide you with access to learning about current road safety issues for children and young people. We offer strategies, ideas and resources for teaching quality road safety education as part of PDHPE K-10 and Life Ready in Stage 6.
Our professional learning support and events offer you:
- up-to-date advice and support from our road safety education team
- free, quality resources to support teaching and learning
- support for promoting road safety to parents and carers
- strategies on how to address road safety issues around your school.
Schools for specific purposes (SSPs) and support units in mainstream schools K-12 are unique in that teaching practices are highly specialised to meet the learning needs of their students.
Road user safety is a significant health concern for children and young people and whether they are dependent or independent road users, students K-12 must experience meaningful learning to meet their needs.
The Road Safety Education Program offers a two day professional learning workshop for teachers only from these specialist centres.
The workshop explores and enhances professional knowledge and practice by critically reflecting, discussing and planning for:
- road safety as a contemporary health issue for children and young people
- traffic issues onsite and in your school zone
- road safety as part of PDHPE K-12 syllabuses and Stage 6 Life Ready course
- meaningful teaching and learning activities for students in SSPs and support units
- a whole-school and community culture of safe road user behaviours.