Yay, it's holidays
Time to get outside and enjoy the warmer weather.
20 December 2021
Spring school holidays and warmer weather make it a perfect time for children to get out and about riding bikes, scooters and skateboards, walking, running and playing.
The freedom and fun they’ll feel is fantastic for their mental and physical wellbeing.
Help keep them safe by:
- joining in their fun and closely supervising when near the road traffic environment
- maintaining public health orders and social distancing requirements of the area you live in
- role modelling safe road user behaviours as a pedestrian, passenger, rider and driver at all times
- wearing bright coloured clothing so other road users see you more easily
- playing, walking and riding away from the road - checking and maintaining bikes and wheeled devices over before use - correctly wearing helmets when riding, skating or scooting.
- Learning across the curriculum