- Week 6 – Tuesday 5 March
- Week 6 – Thursday 7 March
- Week 7 – Wednesday 13 March
- Week 8 – Tuesday 19 March
- Week 8 – Friday 22 March
HSC Professional Learning
For Stage 6 Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Community and Family Studies, English (Advanced and Standard), Industrial Technology, Legal Studies, Mathematics (Advanced and Standard 2), Modern History, Music 1, PDHPE and Visual Arts teachers.
About HSC Professional Learning
HSC PL is designed to improve HSC learning outcomes for all public school students. It is a system-wide routine of PL that is inspiring for teachers, high-quality, fit for purpose and progressively evaluated – responsive to the analysis of data and improved using a research and evidence base.
This PL is delivered online in real-time using Microsoft Teams from 8:15 am to 3:30 pm over a full school day. Teachers can be completely new to the PL or have attended previously. New and unique PL is delivered each term offering new partnerships and collaborations, fresh insights and supporting resources.
It deepens the focus on identifying growth in the discriminating features of high achievement within HSC student work samples. Data indicates that teachers who complete this PL more than once, develop higher-quality Stage 6 teaching activities and tasks.
We recommend using Google Chrome to register.
2024 professional learning dates
Benefits for teachers
- Focus on applying subject specific teaching strategies, understanding student responses and how to make evidence-based pedagogical decisions.
- Access new, high-quality resources co-designed by outstanding HSC teachers. This aligns with the High Impact Professional Learning element Collaborative and applied professional learning strengthens teaching practice.
- Meet and collaborate with other teachers delivering your subject from across the state.
- Further support provided through HSC Action Learning Collectives after-school workshops aligned to HSC Professional Learning objectives and led by expert HSC teachers.
NESA Accredited PD
Completing HSC Professional Learning will contribute 6 hours and 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and assessment of NSW Curriculum addressing Standard Descriptors 1.2.2, 1.3.2, 2.1.2, 3.3.2, 5.1.2, 5.2.2, 5.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
HSC Professional Learning is part of the HSC Strategy, a program that provides professional learning for Stage 6 teachers, designed to support High Impact Professional Learning practices in schools.
The main aim of the HSC Strategy is to improve student achievement collectively, regardless of a student’s postcode or school’s socio-economic status, and increase the number of students who achieve in top bands in the HSC.
Programs within HSC Strategy include HSC Professional Learning, HSC Action Learning Collectives and HSC Strategy School Implementation. Each is co-designed by a community of expert HSC teachers, leading educators, curriculum experts and academic partners.