Supervise pre-service teachers
Professional experience is a key component of teacher education programs. As a supervisor of preservice teachers, you have an important role to play in their development. This supervisory role is also an opportunity for your professional growth.
Supervisors need to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to provide the best possible supervision.
To support the development of excellence, staff members supervising professional experience in all schools will have undertaken relevant professional learning to underpin their knowledge and skills.
Supervising preservice teachers has been developed and made available by the Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) to guide your professional development.
- Teaching standards
- Gaining accreditation
- Maintaining accreditation
- Effective professional development
- Teaching standards in action (TSA) courses
- Strong start great teachers (SSGT).
- Policies and procedures for accreditation
- Human Resource information for school teachers
- Quality teaching rounds
- Performance and development
- CESE - Centre for Education Statistics and Evaluation (opens in new window).