Building quality in public preschools suite
A suite of eight online professional learning modules, each focused on one quality area of the National Quality Standard (NQS).
The Introduction and Quality Areas 2-7 will count towards Teacher Identified Professional Development (PD) hours (known as Elective PD under NESA’s new Accreditation of PD Courses Policy). Quality Area 1 will receive interim accreditation and will count towards Accredited PD hours.
This course is comprised of eight self-paced blended online professional learning modules, each focussed on one of the quality areas of the National Quality Standard (NQS). After completing the introductory module, participants are able to complete the modules in any order, at their own pace. Participants are encouraged to select modules that cover content speciﬁc to their identiﬁed learning needs.
Each module will take approximately two hours seat-time. In addition, it is expected that to complete some of the tasks, participants will spend time in discussion with their P-2 Initiatives Ofﬁcer, as well as liaise and collaborate with their supervisor and preschool colleagues.
This course supports preschool educators and supervisors to:
- deepen understanding of the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations
- reﬂect on implementation of processes and practices at their preschool to ensure compliance against the law and regulations is maintained
- analyse their own practice in relation to the NQS
- discuss with their colleagues how they draw on exceeding themes throughout self- assessment and improvement planning
- apply understandings to tasks related to preschool operations and practice, in particular documenting evidence in the preschool’s QIP.
Building quality in public preschools: Introduction
This introductory module provides an overview of the course structure and requirements of the learner when engaging with subsequent modules. It includes an overview of the components of the National Quality Framework (NQF), and a general explanation of the National Quality Standard (NQS) exceeding themes of practice. This module must be completed as a prerequisite before the other modules are attempted..