HSC Action Learning Collectives
For Stage 6 Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Community and Family Studies, English (Advanced and Standard), Industrial Technology, Legal Studies, Mathematics (Advanced and Standard 2), Modern History, Music 1, PDHPE and Visual Arts teachers.
About HSC Action Learning Collectives
HSC Action Learning Collectives (HSC ALC) are after-school workshops aligned to HSC Professional Learning objectives and led by expert HSC teachers.
These after-school workshops support teachers in applying action learning to improve teaching and learning for Stage 6 students. Each workshop is unique and subject specific. Participants will collaborate with subject-specific colleagues from across the state to
- share and analyse teaching and learning evidence from their classroom
- reflect on and plan to improve subject-specific teaching practice
- contribute to our growing research base.
We recommend using Chrome to register.
Who is this program for?
- Individual teachers
- Twilight professional development for school groups
- School networks
- Curriculum networks
2024 workshop dates
Each workshop runs from 3:30-5:15 pm.
- Term 1 – Analysing evidence to inform inquiry
Tuesday 12 March (Week 7)
- Term 2 – Analysing evidence for student growth
Thursday 13 June (Week 7)
- Term 3 – Analysing evidence to inform actions
Wednesday 28 August (Week 6)
- Term 4 – Analysing evidence to assess impact
Tuesday 19 November (Week 6)
Benefits for teachers
- Reflect on and share effective subject-specific teaching strategies with other teachers.
- Understand student responses and how to make evidence-based pedagogical decisions in the classroom that lead to improvement.
- Adopt a researcher mindset in your classroom and add to the research base for your subject.
NESA Accredited PD
Completing HSC Action Learning Collectives will contribute 1 hour and 30 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and assessment of NSW Curriculum addressing Standard Descriptor 1.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
HSC Action Learning Collectives is part of the HSC Strategy, a program that provides professional learning for Stage 6 teachers, designed to support High Impact Professional Learning practices in schools.
The strategy supports teachers in improving student achievement collectively, regardless of a student's postcode or school's socio-economic status, and increasing the number of students who achieve in top bands in the HSC.
Programs within HSC Strategy include HSC Professional Learning, HSC Action Learning Collectives, and HSC Strategy School Implementation. Each is co-designed by a community of Best in Class HSC teachers, curriculum experts, leading educators and academic partners.