Focus on creating texts: Modules 1 and 2
This online professional learning provides teachers with an opportunity to develop knowledge of current theoretical perspectives on writing processes and the explicit teaching of writing. It has been developed in conjunction with Dr Tessa Daffern, who examined the teaching and learning of spelling and writing in her PhD.
Participants will reflect on current evidence-based approaches to teaching writing, explore processes of meaning-making through writing, and consider conditions that support learning to write.
Who should participate?
Year 3 to Year 8 teachers
Mode of delivery
Online learning modules
This online course includes two modules:
- Module 1: Understanding writing: An evidence-based approach
- Module 2: Teaching strategies for writing
Completing this course will help you to:
- explore evidence-based approaches to teaching writing
- understand what processes are involved in writing
- identify the optimal conditions for learning to write.
- evaluate and refine your own practices
- identify the purposes and pedagogical differences in modelled, interactive, guided and independent writing.
Register for ‘Focus on creating texts: Modules 1 and 2’ via MyPL (Course code RG08258)
Interim Accredited Professional Development
This course is interim Accredited Professional Development until 4 February 2022.
This course will contribute to 5 hours of NESA Accredited PD towards maintaining proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW. It addresses the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers: 6.4.2, 6.2.2, 2.5.2.