Resources including scope and sequences, units and assessment tasks to help you plan, program and assess Chinese 7 to 10.
The Chinese K-10 syllabus (2017) was developed using the Languages K-10 Framework. As all K-10 language syllabuses (2017 and later) are underpinned by this framework, teachers should view resources across all languages to access a broader range of sample scope and sequences, unit starters and assessment tasks.
For advice on how to develop your own programming documents, visit our planning, programming and assessing languages 7 to 10.
Modify the documents to suit your context, including the needs of your students.
Stage 4 – Chinese
- Sample scope and sequence (DOCX 40 KB)
- Sample unit of work – What do you recommend? (DOCX 64 KB)
- Sample assessment task – What do you recommend? (DOCX 39 KB)
Stage 4 – generic
This resource can be adapted to any language.
Class party (DOCX 532 KB) – showcases differentiation and adjustments to support the needs of a range of learners
Stage 5 – Chinese
- Sample scope and sequence (DOCX 44 KB)
- Sample unit of work – 'If You are the One' (DOCX 198 KB)
- Sample assessment task – 'If You are the One' (DOCX 74 KB)
Stage 5 – generic
These resources can be adapted to any language.
- Food trucks (DOCX 95 KB) – supports an inquiry-based approach
- A sustainable future, making changes together (DOCX 383 KB) – supports the cross-curriculum priorities of 'Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures' and 'Sustainability'
Chinese K-10 Syllabus (2017) (NESA) page includes a range of support materials to support the Chinese K-10 syllabus, such as sample scope and sequence documents and sample units of work under 'Support materials'.