Popcorn and other suites
This digitally re-mastered resource is designed for students to play percussion instruments with an animated musical score.
Students develop skills in reading notation, playing music and learning about the musical concepts.
They have to select a piece from the menu provided on Popcorn and other suites. The 'User information guide' describes how to use this resource. Each piece contains a short guide and a rhythm track for teacher learning purposes. The animated score with recording is designed for use in the classroom with students.
- contains audio files of 10 favourite pieces
- maintains the original and well-loved feel.
- Each of the 10 selected pieces:
- start with a title slide indicating the name of the piece and the composer (where known)
- is verbally introduced before the music starts
- follow either the ticking metronome, beat timer or highlighted animation to know when to start
- has its own audio recording guide. This contains a clapping track of the rhythms that should be played along with the recording. Specific instructions are included within each piece.
The original 'Popcorn' resource was developed in the 1970s in big book format for the K-6 classroom to introduce music notation.
Syllabus outcomes and content descriptors from Creative Arts K–6 Syllabus (2006) © NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales, 2017.