Health Services Dental Assisting Certificate III
Certificate III trainees will learn the knowledge and skills needed to assist dentist, dental hygienist or dental therapist during all health care procedures, to help maintain high standards of infection control and to assist with practice administration.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Certificate III in Dental Assisting HLT35021 in HLT Health Services Training Package.
- Work as a Dental Assistant and a career path into the Health Services sector.
- Both on the job and off the job and will be delivered face-to-face.
- The SBT term is calculated in months from the date of commencement to 31 December of the HSC year.
- Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment and training.
- Complete Certificate III in Dental Assisting as part of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|HSC unit credit
Health Care – Dental Assisting
5 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course (optional)
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser or visit our Internet site at education.nsw.gov.au/sbat.