Beauty Services (Retail Cosmetics) – Certificate II
This qualification reflects the role of retail sales personnel involved in a defined range of tasks to sell and demonstrate beauty or cosmetic products. They follow known routines and procedures and work under direct supervision. This qualification provides a pathway to work as a retail sales consultant in any business that sells beauty or cosmetic products and services. This can include beauty and hairdressing salons, retail outlets and department stores.
Trainees will learn a defined range of tasks, including selling and demonstrating beauty or cosmetic products as reflected in the role of retail sales personnel. You will follow known routines and procedures and work under direct supervision. Certificate II Retail Cosmetics provides a pathway to work as a retail sales consultant in any business that sells beauty or cosmetic products and services, including beauty and hairdressing salons, retail outlets and department stores.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Certificate II Retail Cosmetics SHB20116 in SHB Hairdressing and Beauty Services Training Package.
- Pathway to other courses and careers in Hairdressing and Beauty Services.
- Both on the job and off the job and can be delivered face-to-face, flexibly or mixed mode.
- The SBT term is calculated in months from the date of commencement to 31 December of the HSC year.
- Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment and training.
- Undertake Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|HSC unit credit
4 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.