Nail Technology – Certificate III
This course is for people who want to work as nail technicians. You will learn how to provide a variety of nail services in a salon and/or retail environment.
Trainees will learn to provide manicure and pedicure services, including the application of nail art and acrylic and gel nail enhancements. You will also need to develop a range of well-developed technical and customer service skills demonstrating your discretion and judgement and your ability to take responsibility for your own outputs, including client consultation on nail care products and services.
Nail technicians may also be self-employed and responsible for managing their own nail station.
Elective units may include planning and management of a small business, and how to successfully market your services and build a client base.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Qualification in Certificate III Nail Technology SHB30315 in SHB Beauty Services Training Package.
- A career path into the Nail Technology and Beauty Services industry.
- Articulation into Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy Certificate III.
- Both on the job and off the job and can be delivered face-to-face, flexibly or mixed mode.
- The SBT term is calculated in months from the date of commencement to 31 December of the HSC year.
- Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment and training.
- Undertake Certificate III Nail Technology as part of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|HSC unit credit
5 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.