Surveying and Spatial Information Services – Certificate III
Certificate III level trainees will learn to work with spatial data, read, interpret and apply maps, carry out basic spatial data acquisition techniques using Geographical Positioning Systems (GPS), Electronic Distance Measuring equipment, Geographic Information Systems, aerial photo interpretation, and computer aided drafting.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Certificate III in Surveying and Spatial Information Services CPP30221 in CPP Property Services Training Package.
- A career path into the information technology and communications industry.
- Advanced standing into Certificate IV qualifications in Surveying and Spatial Information Services industry.
- Both on the job and off the job and can be delivered face-to-face, flexibly or mixed mode.
- The SBT term is calculated in months from the date of commencement to 31 December of the HSC year.
- Undertake a minimum of 130 days in paid employment and training.
- Undertake Certificate III in Surveying and Spatial Information Services as part of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|HSC unit credit
Surveying and Spatial Information Services
4 units credit over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course (optional)
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser or visit our Internet site at education.nsw.gov.au/sbat.