Library and Information Services – Certificate III
Certificate III level trainees will use a broad range of skills and knowledge in a wide variety of environments. At the core level trainees will deliver a service to customers, operate application software packages and develop and apply knowledge of information and cultural services. Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Certificate III in Business (Library and Information Services) qualification BSB30420 in BSB Business Services Training Package.
- A career path into the Library and Information Services and related sectors.
- Articulation into a Traineeship in Certificate IV Business (Library and Information Services) BSB40720.
- On the job and off the job and can be delivered face-to-face, flexibly or mixed mode.
- The SBT term is calculated in months from the date of commencement to 31 December of the HSC year.
- Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment and training.
- Undertake Certificate III in Library and Information Services.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|HSC unit credit
Library and Information Science – Certificate III
Unit credit towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course) is currently being determined by NESA.
Industry-based Learning course (optional)
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser or visit our Internet site at education.nsw.gov.au/sbat.