Health Services (Allied Health Assistance) – Certificate III
This qualification is for workers interested in learning to assist with allied health programs in areas such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology and dietetics. Working in the role of allied health assistance includes preparing for and assisting with therapy session, providing relevant information to clients, using therapy equipment correctly and safely, and completion of administrative duties.
Allied health assistants provide assistance to allied health professionals with the care of clients under predetermined guidelines. Depending on the setting, work may include following treatment plans for therapeutic interventions and/or conducting programs under the regular direct, indirect or remote supervision of an allied health professional.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Qualification in Certificate III Allied Health Assistance HLT33015 in HLT Health Training Package.
- Work as an Assistant in Nursing and a career path into the Health Services sector.
- Articulation into Certificate IV courses in the HLT Health Training Package.
- Both on the job and off the job and can be delivered face-to-face, flexibly or mixed mode.
- The SBT term is calculated in months from the date of commencement to 31 December of the HSC year.
- Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment and training.
- Complete Certificate III Allied Health.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|HSC unit credit
Allied Health Assistance
4 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.