Automotive Electrical Technology Certificate II
The Certificate II in Automotive Electrical Technology is intended to prepare prospective employees and existing workers who undertake service and repair of vehicle electrical components and systems in the automotive electrical industry. Your work may include performing component/system fabricating, fitting or modifying operations of automotive aftermarket electrical componentry and installation. Apprentices may be working on cars, motorcycles, and heavy vehicles.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Statement of Competencies achieved towards Certificate II in Automotive Electrical Technology AUR20420 from the AUR Automotive Industry Retail, Service and Repair Training Package.
- Articulation into Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology Trade Apprenticeship.
- A career path into the automotive industry.
- On the job and off the job and can be delivered face-to-face, flexibly or mixed mode.
- The SBT term is calculated in months from the date of commencement to 31 December of the HSC year.
- Undertake a minimum of 130 days in paid employment and training.
- Undertake Certificate II Automotive Electrical Technology Trade course as part of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|HSC unit credit
Automotive Electrical Technology
Maximum of 5 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course (optional)
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser or visit our Internet site at education.nsw.gov.au/sbat.