Furniture Making – Certificate II
Trainees will learn the skills and knowledge required to perform the manufacture of free-standing or built-in cabinets, and provide on-site assistance in the installation of furniture or cabinets.
Trainees will learn the skills and knowledge required to perform the manufacture of free-standing or built-in cabinets, and provide on-site assistance in the installation of furniture or cabinets reflecting the role of assistant cabinet maker, assistant installer of built-in cabinets and production operator within a cabinet making enterprise. Cabinets include free-standing and built-in furniture or fitted cabinets, such as those used in kitchens and bathrooms. You may assist in the installation or renovation of kitchens and bathrooms and other fitted cabinets, involving collaboration with others through members of a group or team.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Certificate II in Furniture Making MSF20313 in MSF Furnishing Training Package.
- A career path into the Furnishing industry.
- On the job and off the job and can be delivered face-to-face, flexibly or mixed mode.
- The SBT term is calculated in months from the date of commencement to 31 December of the HSC year.
- Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment and training.
- Undertake Certificate II in Furniture Making as part of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|HSC unit credit
3-4 units (depending upon those chosen) over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.