Information Technology – Certificate III
Trainees undertaking Certificate III in Information Technology will gain the skills and knowledge to competently work in a wide range of general information and communications technology (ICT) technical functions and achieve a degree of self-sufficiency as an advanced ICT user.
|HSC credit||ATAR pathway|
|Min 4 - Max 6||Yes|
Trainees undertaking Certificate III in Information Technology will gain the skills and knowledge to competently work in a wide range of general information and communications technology (ICT) technical functions and achieve a degree of self-sufficiency as an advanced ICT user. Trainees at this level will support information technology activities in the workplace across a wide range of ICT areas, including animation, cloud computing, cyber security awareness, technical support, network administration, web technologies, software applications and digital media technologies.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Certificate III in Information Technology ICT30120 in ICT Integrated Telecommunications Training Package.
- A career path into the information technology and communications industry.
- Advanced standing into Certificate IV in Information and Communications Technology courses.
- Both on the job and off the job and can be delivered face-to-face, flexibly or mixed mode.
- The SBT term is calculated in months from the date of commencement to 31 December of the HSC year.
- Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment and training.
- Undertake Certificate III Information Technology course as part of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|Course||ATAR eligibility||HSC unit credit|
Minimum 4 and maximum of 6 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.