Health Services (Health Services Assistance) – Certificate III
This qualification covers workers in a range of roles who provide assistance to health professional staff with the care of clients. As a Health Services Assistant you will have direct client contact under supervision.
|HSC credit||ATAR pathway|
A Health Services Assistant reflects the role of a variety of workers who use a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge to provide assistance to health professional staff for the care of clients. Health services assistance involves the worker in direct client contact under supervision.
This traineeship will suit you if you want to work directly in hospitals or health services when you leave school or want to go on to an enrolled nurse training course. You will gain training in infection control and first aid, transporting patients, supporting nursing staff and communication in a health workplace.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Certificate III Health Services Assistance HLT33115 in HLT Health Training Package.
- Work as an Assistant in Nursing and a career path into the Health Services sector.
- Articulation into Certificate III Allied Health Assistance HLT33015 and Certificate IV courses in the Health Training Package.
- Both on the job (clinical placement) and off the job and will be delivered face-to-face.
- The SBT term is calculated in months from the date of commencement to 31 December of the HSC year
- Undertake a minimum of 100 days in paid employment and training.
- Complete Certificate III Health Services Assistance as part of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|Course||ATAR eligibility||HSC unit credit|
Health Services Assistance
Minimum 5 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.