Electrotechnology (Career Start) – Certificate II
This traineeship is for people wishing to enter the Electrotechnology industry. The qualification covers competencies for work entry program providing grounding in safety and basic skills and knowledge for work in any electrotechnology discipline.
|HSC credit||ATAR pathway|
This school based traineeship is designed for people wishing to pursue a career in electrotechnology and develops competencies providing grounding in safety and basic skills and knowledge for work in any electrotechnology discipline. Depending on the units chosen, you will acquire basic skills and knowledge of electrical principles that relate to the Electrotechnology industry, develop skills and knowledge to carry out routine work activities in an electrotechnology environment, learn to identify and select components/accessories/materials for electrotechnology work activities and develop skills and knowledge to use routine equipment/plant/technologies in an electrotechnology environment.
Outcome on completion of your HSC
- Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start) UEE22020 in UEE Electrotechnology Training Package.
- A career path into the Electrotechnology industry.
- Both on the job and off the job and can be delivered face-to-face, flexibly or mixed mode.
- The SBT term is calculated in months from the date of commencement to 31 December of the HSC year.
- Undertake a minimum of 120 days in paid employment and training.
- Undertake Certificate II Electrotechnology (Career Start) as part of your HSC.
- The employment and training can be undertaken during school time, after school and during school holidays.
How will you be assessed?
- Both on the job and off the job through written tests, project work and practical exercises.
|Course||ATAR eligibility||HSC unit credit|
Electrotechnology – Career Start
4 units over two years towards your HSC for the formal training component (VET course).
Industry-based Learning course
This optional course recognises the significant work component involved in the school based apprenticeship.
The course offers an additional 4 units credit towards your HSC.
This HSC VET course does not contribute towards the calculation of the ATAR.
For further information about how to sign up to this school based apprenticeship please speak with your Careers Adviser.