Live Life Well @ School
Live Life Well @ School is a joint initiative of the NSW Department of Education and NSW Ministry of Health to get more students more active more often and focus on healthy eating habits.
What does Live Life Well @ School do?
Live Life Well @ School assists primary schools to develop whole school strategies to
- improve the teaching of nutrition and physical education through a focus on PDHPE programs
- foster community partnerships that promote and support whole of school strategies
- provide opportunities for more students to be more active, more often.
Free professional learning and a suite of resources are available to support schools implement the Live Life Well @ School initiative.
How can schools can get involved?
- Register for Live Life Well @ School professional learning through MyPL
- Module 1 Physical activity, healthy eating, learning and wellbeing (course code NRG13809)
- Modules 2 & 3 Identifying and prioritising school needs & Planning for quality implementation (course code NRG13811)
- Note that Module 1 is a pre-requisite for Modules 2 & 3.
- Schools are encouraged to enrol a team of two or more teachers, including executives, however, individual teachers are most welcome
- Teachers will be supported by their local Health Promotion Officer throughout the course.
- Contact LLWS@det.nsw.edu.au for information about professional learning and next steps for getting started.
- Chat with the Health Promotion Officer in your Local Health District office for strategies and ideas for your school community.
Live Life Well @ School in practice
The videos below show what Live Life Well @ School looks like, why it’s important, how it can be done, and the positive change it has made to learning and the school community, in a variety of school settings.
Corindi Public School
Cringila Public School
Elanora Heights Public School
Goulburn South Public School
Humula Public School
Mittagong Public School
Wellington Public School
PDHPE including information about syllabus implementation, professional learning and resources.
Additional resources to support teaching and learning about healthy eating and physical activity are available: