Submission tips and webinars
Nominating someone for the awards can be daunting. Review our video webinars and submission tips.
Why nominate someone?
If the person you nominate wins their award category, your organisation – be it a school, RTO or business enterprise – will gain invaluable exposure in the broader NSW VET community.
If the person goes on to win at the Australian Training Awards, your organisation will gain invaluable national exposure.
Watch our webinar videos
The webinars below will assist you to navigate the nomination process.
How to identify a potential applicant
Who can nominate an individual
How to Prepare an application
How to communicate with an applicant when you are nominating them
How to gather supporting documentation for an application
Review the eligibility and selection criteria for the award category you wish to be nominated for, or that you wish to apply for. Criteria questions can also be accessed in each PDF.
- Keep your writing clear and simple, dot points are acceptable.
- Prepare your responses to the selection criteria and save in Word doc (or equivalent) before copying into the appropriate sections of the online application.
- If you decide to attach a supporting file, ensure you refer to it in your application.
- Give practical examples and avoid vague generalisations; if you make a general statement such as, "I have an understanding of industry trends", you need to give some evidence.
- Don't exceed the maximum word limit specific to your category on the application.
- Nominators, there is only one login. To obtain your nominee’s responses we suggest you send them the questions and have them email them back to you. Please copy and paste their answers into the portal.
Please pay close attention to the page number limit for your award category on the application portal.
Individual award categories:
- Qualification related information such as; early completion documents, completion certificate, transcripts or other documentation linking the qualification you have been nominated for (one of these is enough)
- Awards and prizes: copies of any prize certificates or photos of trophies. Be sure to include these achievements in Criterion 1 – if applicable!
- Resume: a copy of your resume (optional)
- Reference or letter of support from your employer, trainer/teachers, community leader – etc (optional)
- Workplace/training action photos: action photos of you in your workplace or training. See Photography brief for guidance and examples (optional).
Organisation award categories:
- Logo: Organisation logo in high resolution EPS, TIFF, JPEG or PNG files in minimum 300 dpi
- CEO/MD Endorsement: an endorsement letter from the Chief Executive Officer or Managing Director (or equivalent) of the organisation supporting the nomination.
- Photographs: Organisation photographs to showcase the organisation or initiative. See the Photography brief for guidance and examples (optional).