School Results – Premier's Priority
Please note that the Premier's Priorities are from the previous government and are in the process of being reviewed and updated.
The Premier’s Priority report provides the percentage of NAPLAN Reading and Numeracy results in the Top 2 bands for a school, as specified in the Premier’s Priority to improve education results.
Schools can use this report to assess their school’s results in Reading and Numeracy and to determine whether any initiatives they have implemented to increase the number of results in the top 2 bands have led to expected success.
Executive Directors and Directors, Educational Leadership have access to all schools within their principal network.
How will this report benefit me?
The Premier’s Priority report allows schools to track their improvement on the key metric of % of students in the Top 2 Bands for Reading and Numeracy.
What does the Premier's Priority report provide?
This report presents information on:
Results in Top 2 Bands
- This table displays the number of results in Reading and Numeracy at the selected school(s) for the selected year.
Count of All Results
- This table displays the total number of results in Reading and Numeracy at the selected school(s) for the selected year. Each student would have two results, one for Reading and one for Numeracy.
Average % Results in Top 2 Bands
- This table displays the percentage of results in the Top 2 Bands in Reading and Numeracy at the selected school(s) for the selected year.
% of Results in Top 2 Bands for Reading and Numeracy by Calendar Year
- This line chart displays the % of results in the top 2 bands for the past five years for the selected school(s).
- The x-axis displays Calendar Year.
- The y-axis displays % of results in the Top 2 Bands.
- The % of results is generally higher than the % of students. A student may be in the Top 2 Bands for either reading or numeracy, or both. The student’s results that are in the Top 2 Bands are included, so the same student may be included once (for reading or numeracy) or twice (if they are in the Top 2 Bands for both).
Use the slicers to filter and analyse the data:
Step 1: Select a group of students
- Which school were they in?
- Which year was it?
Step 2: Optionally, select a subset of students
- An enrolment type group?
- A specific enrolment type?
- Aboriginality - The term Aboriginal used in this data set refers to and includes both Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islander peoples. In NSW the preferred term is Aboriginal, rather than Indigenous or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
How can I use the Premier's Priority report support my school self-assessment?
Analyse the change in percentage in the Top 2 Bands between years to determine the trend. This will support SEF elements Student Performance Measures, Assessment and Reporting.
What should I look for?
The charts can be used to show changes in the % of results in the Top 2 Bands over time.
Where does this data come from?
How frequently is data updated?