Results Across Schools - Percentage of Students in Bands
The Percentage of Students in Bands report provides a high-level view of a school cohort’s percentage in each domain and NAPLAN student band.
Executive Directors and Directors, Educational Leadership can view all schools within their Principal Network.
How will these reports benefit me?
The Percentage of Students in Bands Category report can be used to illustrate the performance of a school’s student cohort percentage in each domain and NAPLAN student band. It also provides an average of band achievement over time.
This report provides an overview of changes in performance as it highlights any changes or differences in results throughout time.
What does the Percentage of Students in Bands Category report provide?
This report presents information on:
Percentage of Students in Band Category by School
- This stacked column chart displays the distribution in bands for one or more schools. It shows the percentage of students achieving in each band in the selected year, for the selected NAPLAN assessment and domain.
- Select a single school, all schools in a network/executive network, or individual schools.
- Select multiple schools in a network or executive network to create custom school groups to compare.
Use the following slicers to filter the data:
Step 1: Select a group of students
- Which school were they in?
- Which year was it?
- Which assessment?
- Which domain?
Step2: Optionally, select a subset of students
- An enrolment type group?
- A specific enrolment type?
- Aboriginality - The term Aboriginality used in this data set refers to and includes both Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islander peoples. In NSW the preferred term is Aboriginal, rather than Indigenous or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
How can I use the Percentage of Students in Band Category report to support my school self-assessment?
- The chart in this report will provide an indication of the NAPLAN bands and the distribution of students by percentage within them. This chart can be used to show changes in the distribution of results over time.
- Movement of students between the bands from year to year which can assist in the development of enriching learning activities.
What should I look for?
- The calendar year slicer can be used to select a single year, or multiple years. When multiple years are selected, the average percentage of students in each band is shown. This is useful for combining small school results across multiple years.
- The School name slicer allows multi-select. This can be useful to reduce the number of schools being displayed on the screen at one time. Clear the slicer to view all schools in the selected network.
Where does this data come from?
How frequently is data updated?