Professional learning English K-12
Start planning your professional learning journey. Professional learning for English K-2 Syllabus (2021) is available in the English K-6 professional learning catalogue.
Professional learning is either available either on-demand as e-learning – in the catalogue, or at a specific time – on the calendar.
Professional learning modules supporting the teaching of English covering a range of topics.
On-demand professional learning catalogue
This calendar shows professional learning available on a specific date. Select the learning that interests you to find out more information including where the learning is taking place, the meeting structure and how to register.
About our professional learning
For Kindergarten to Year 6, where appropriate, professional learning courses and teaching and learning resources have been:
- aligned to NSW syllabuses and NESA’s K-6 curriculum requirements
- designed by a team of curriculum experts using evidence and data to meet the needs of NSW students and teachers
- designed to meet NSW Department of Education policies and priorities
- aligned to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- informed by the 3 key domains of the School Excellence Framework
- informed by the 5 elements of the High Impact Professional Learning model
- developed around the 8 themes of the What works best: 2020 update
- shaped by testing and feedback from NSW teachers, schools and other key stakeholders
- designed to incorporate practical strategies for immediate classroom use.
For Years 7 to 10, where appropriate, courses have been:
- designed by the English secondary curriculum team using evidence and data to meet the needs of students and teachers
- aligned to department policies and priorities
- aligned to NSW syllabuses
- contextualised for the specific needs and priorities of NSW public schools
- quality assured to support high-quality teaching to improve every student
- shaped by testing and feedback from NSW teachers and schools
- informed by the elements of the High Impact Professional Learning framework
- developed using evidence-based practices and practical strategies for immediate classroom use
- developed to incorporate the themes of CESE's What works best: 2020 update
- aligned to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.