Planning, programming and assessing English K–6
Resources to help you plan, program and assess English from Kindergarten to Year 6
Kindergarten to Year 6 support package
Our K–6 support package for the latest NESA English syllabus includes scope and sequences, units and other resources.
Scope and sequences
- Early Stage 1, Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3, K–2 multi-age and 3–6 multi-age support the implementation of the English K–10 Syllabus.
- Compliant with NESA registration requirements and include additional, value-added elements.
- Sample English K–6 scope and sequences
Syllabus mapping tools
- Weekly and term-by-term monitoring of syllabus elements including focus areas, outcomes, content groups and content points
- English K–6 syllabus mapping tools
Year 3–6 microlearning
The English K–10 (Years 3–6) syllabus is required to be taught in NSW primary schools from 2024. Engaging with the English 3–6 microlearning course will help you develop the required knowledge, understanding and skills for effective syllabus implementation.
Six modules of 20 minutes duration.
- Learn about English 3-6 microlearning
- Access the English 3-6 microlearning through MyPL
Other K–6 resources
All K–6 English resources are available in our English K–6 resources catalogue.
English textual concepts
The English textual concepts and learning processes are an additional resource to support the explicit teaching of the knowledge and skill in the English syllabuses. Through the use of English textual concepts, teachers can chart the development of student understanding through each stage of learning.