Planning, programming and assessing English K-6
Resources to help you plan, program and assess English from Kindergarten to Year 6
The new English K-2 syllabus must be taught in all NSW primary schools from Term 1, 2023.
Schools will continue to teach the existing English 3-6 syllabus (2012) until the new syllabus becomes available for preparation and planning in 2023 and is taught in all schools in 2024.
Kindergarten to Year 2 support package
Our K-2 support package for the latest NESA English syllabus includes scope and sequences, units and other resources.
Scope and sequences
- Early Stage 1, Stage 1 and K-2 multi-age support the implementation of the English K-2 syllabus (2021).
- Compliant with NESA registration requirements and include additional, value-added elements.
- Sample English K-2 scope and sequences
- represent ‘one way’ of designing teaching and learning experiences.
- include value-added features
- Sample English K-2 units
Syllabus mapping tools
- Weekly and term-by-term monitoring of syllabus elements including focus areas, outcomes, content groups and content points
- English K-2 syllabus mapping tools
Other K-2 resources
A suggested sequence for introducing GPCs in a systematic, explicit and cumulative way in Kindergarten through to Year 2.
Years 3 to 6
Note – These resources were created for the English K-10 Syllabus 2012.
Other K-6 resources
All K-6 English resources are available in our English K-6 resources catalogue.
English textual concepts
The English textual concepts and learning processes are an additional resource to support the explicit teaching of the knowledge and skill in the English syllabuses. Through the use of English textual concepts, teachers can chart the development of student understanding through each stage of learning.