ScR Primary Feeder Trend
The ScR Primary Feeder Trend report provides trend information on the top 5 primary feeder schools for a secondary school. This report is a complimentary view of the Primary Feeder Schools report.
This report is available only to The School Communications and Engagement (SCE) unit.
How will this report benefit me?
Users can view the trend over time for the top 5 feeder schools for a high school. SCE staff can use this information to understand changes in the composition of a project high school’s feeder schools over time.
What does the ScR Primary Feeder Trend report provide?
The following visualisations are available in this report:
Top 5 Feeder Schools
- This stacked column chart displays the top 5 primary feeder schools trend for the selected high school.
- 10 years of historical data will eventually be included, however, the earliest year displayed is 2011. This is due to the unavailability of high-quality data prior to this year.
- Non-government schools are included where known. Note that non-government schools are unlikely to be in the top 5 feeder schools for a school.
- Some schools and years have a column labelled “unknown”. This means the students came from interstate/overseas primary schools, or they did not do the NAPLAN 5 assessment, so a prior record has not been found for them. For example, schools/s near the border with another state will have a large unknown component. This indicates the commencing Y7 students went to primary schools in the state across the border. Due to privacy reasons we only receive NAPLAN data for NSW.
Selected Primary School Trend
- This line chart provides an alternate view of the trend data and allows users to view the contributions of each school.
- Click on a single school to highlight that line.
Use the following slicers to filter and analyse the data:
- School Name – Choose a school in this slicer first. This will select the local area to analyse. Note that to identify primary feeder schools for a high school, you will need to consult the Primary Feeder report first to obtain the list of feeder schools, then use this report to view the re-enrolment rates for each feeder school.
- School Distance Band Name – Choose one or more distance bands to view. Note that they are set up as concentric rings. To view all schools within 10km of the proximity school, you need to select both the 5km and 10km distance bands.
- Selected School Name by Distance – Once the previous two slicers are set, all schools within the selected distance band and sector will appear in this slicer. Use this slicer to select or deselect schools to appear in the chart.
What should I look for?
- Are there any schools that are increasing or decreasing the number of students they contribute over time? If there have been no boundary changes this may indicate a change of parental choice.
- Annual enrolment census.
Where does this data come from?
- NAPLAN – the school where a student sat the Y5 and Y7 assessments.
How frequently is data updated?
- Historical enrolments are updated annually after the Enrolment census is completed in August.
- NAPLAN data is updated annually after NAPLAN results are released.