AsP Student Population Makeup
The AsP Student Population Makeup report provides information on student enrolment characteristics across schools in NSW.
This report is available only to Asset Planners in the Planning and Demography unit.
How will this report benefit me?
Asset planners can view information on enrolment characteristics for schools based on gender and Aboriginality. All schools in a cluster can be compared together.
What does the AsP Student Population Makeup report provide?
The following visualisations are available in this report:
Enrolments by Gender
- This doughnut chart displays the number and percentage of female and male students.
- The chart defaults to the cluster values. Select a single school to view the gender breakdown for that school only.
- A value is included for “Other Gender.” Currently this is 0 for all schools in NSW. The Department of Education is implementing a new option in the source system, ERN, for schools to record non-binary genders. Once this change is implemented, the new values will flow through to this report.
Enrolments by Aboriginality
- This doughnut chart displays the number and percentage of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal students.
- The chart defaults to the cluster values. Select a single school to view the Aboriginality breakdown for that school only.
Student Population Makeup
- This table presents the same data as the charts, but in tabular format.
- There is one row for each school selected.
- Use the scroll bar to the right of the table to scroll and see additional schools. Note that this scroll bar is hidden until you hover over it.
Use the following slicers to select a cluster and analyse the data:
Use this slicer to select a cluster to analyse. You can scroll to find the cluster you need, or use the search bar at the top of the slicer.
- To improve report loading times, this slicer will default to the first cluster in the list.
- You can only select one cluster at a time in this report.
- This slicer controls the chart and table. The cluster and schools displayed will change based on the cluster selected.
- This slicer controls the School Name slicer. The schools available in the School Name slicer will be government schools in the cluster.
- The School Name slicer controls all visualisations in the report. Once a cluster is selected, all schools in the cluster and sector will appear in the School Name slicer.
Select the calendar year to view the student population makeup for that year.
Use this slicer to filter the data by scholastic year.
What should I look for?
- Schools with a changing composition over time, e.g. a decrease in female enrolments, particularly when combined with decreasing enrolments shown in the Enrolments report. This may indicate a change in parental preference that may inform decisions about future growth within the cluster.
Where does this data come from?
How frequently is data updated?