PDHPE curriculum resources K-12
PDHPE teaching and learning resources are divided into 3 catalogues. K-6, 7-10 and 11-12
Browse our expanding collection of resources. In the catalogue, select by stage or syllabus:
The resource review flowchart (PDF 472KB) helps you decide about the suitability of teaching and learning resources.
- Preview and evaluate all strategies, resources and teaching and learning approaches in full before use with students to determine suitability for student learning needs, stage of development and local school context.
- Consider the age, maturity, cultural background, sexuality, gender, sex, health and other characteristics of students in your care.
- Apply professional judgements to all strategies, teaching and learning approaches and resources including audio visual materials (e.g. videos, media clips and YouTube), interactive web-based content (e.g. games, quizzes and websites) and texts.
- Seek endorsement by the school principal before use of materials in NSW government schools.
- Select the activities most suitable for your students.
- Individual students within the group have differing needs and backgrounds. Modify or extend some aspects of suggested activities accordingly.
- Consider and tailor lessons to cater for differing cultural perceptions of what should be taught at a certain age.
- Undertake a comprehensive step by step process to assess any physical or psychological risks associated with an activity before following using a variety of teaching strategies.
- Enable students to withdraw if they find issues personally confronting.
- Recognise that some students may find it difficult to contribute to class discussions and may say little in group activities. Don’t assume they are not engaged in the activities but rather provide all students with the opportunity to contribute in less public ways.