Planning, programming and assessing mathematics K-6
Resources to help you plan, program and assess mathematics from Kindergarten to Year 6
The new Mathematics K–2 syllabus must be taught in all NSW primary schools from Term 1, 2023.
Schools will continue to teach existing Mathematics 3-6 syllabus until the new syllabus becomes available for preparation and planning in 2023 and is taught in all schools in 2024.
Kindergarten to Year 2 support package
Our K-2 support package for the latest NESA Mathematics syllabus includes scope and sequences and units.
Scope and sequences
- Early Stage 1, Stage 1 and K-2 multiage support the implementation of the Mathematics K-2 syllabus (2021).
- Compliant with NESA registration requirements and include additional, value-added elements.
- Sample Mathematics scope and sequences
- represent ‘one way’ of designing teaching and learning experiences.
- include value-added features
- Sample K-2 mathematics units
Syllabus mapping tools
- Weekly and term-by-term monitoring of syllabus elements including focus areas, outcomes, content groups and content points
- Mathematics K-2 syllabus mapping tools
Years 3 to 6
Note – These resources were created for the Mathematics K-10 Syllabus 2012.
Other K-6 resources
All K-6 mathematics resources are available in our Mathematics K-6 resources catalogue including a large collection of K-6 tasks, lessons and investigations (search thinking mathematically). K-2 tasks are aligned to the 2021 syllabus.