Planning, programming and assessing mathematics K–6
Resources to help you plan, program and assess mathematics from Kindergarten to Year 6
Kindergarten to Year 6 support package
Our K–6 support package for the latest NESA Mathematics syllabus includes sample scope and sequences, sample units and other resources.
Scope and sequences
- Early Stage 1, Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3, K–2 and 3–6 multi-age support the implementation of the Mathematics K–10 syllabus.
- Compliant with NESA registration requirements and include additional, value-added elements.
- Sample Mathematics scope and sequences
Syllabus mapping tools
- Weekly and term-by-term monitoring of syllabus elements including focus areas, outcomes, content groups and content points
- Mathematics K–6 syllabus mapping tools
The Mathematics K–10 Syllabus is required to be taught in NSW primary schools from 2024. Engaging with Mathematics K–6 microlearning courses will help you develop the required knowledge, understanding and skills for effective syllabus implementation.
- Learn about mathematics K-2 microlearning
- The mathematics K-2 microlearning course through MyPL comprises 3 groups with a total of 13 individual microlearning modules of 20 minutes duration.
Other K–6 resources
All K–6 mathematics resources are available in our Mathematics K–6 resources catalogue including a large collection of K–6 tasks, lessons and investigations (search thinking mathematically).