These resources are categorised into the different aspects and strands of the syllabus and are to be used as a guide.
Teachers should adapt resources to best suit the individual and diverse needs of their students and take into account where the learning activity fits into learning and teaching programs.
- Adventures in energy highlights cutting edge technologies and practices used in the America exploration, production and transportation of oil and natural gas.
- Amusement park physics explores the forces behind fun parks.
- Sport science - exploratorium provides a number of lesson ideas and projects for science in sports.
- Ausgrid's online electricity resource is appropriate for both Stages 4 and 5. It provides teachers with a unit for students to work through at their own pace. The interactive resource provides information, online quizzes, animation and sample experiments.
- The physics classroom includes simulations, movies and animations arranged in topics.
- The Rainbow challenge (DOCX 1.9 MB) uses lenses, mirrors and prisms to create a rainbow on a given target.
Syllabus outcomes and content descriptors from Science (incorporating Science and Technology K-6) K-10 Syllabus © NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales, 2012