Stage 4 – syllabus requirements planner
Many schools will have their own planning templates. The layout of this document is intended to support faculty communication, professional learning and collaborative planning which should be completed for each stage and course.
The planner should be a live document that is completed collaboratively and reviewed periodically. This supports a consistent implementation of NESA and department policy requirements and whole-school and faculty requirements. It also establishes a shared vision for the scope of subject English, and guides long-term design of teaching and learning programs. This shows that curriculum design and implementation is a dynamic and contextually-specific process. This planner represents one way to map requirements and it contains:
- instructions for how it could be used by English teachers and faculties
- direct links to policies and useful resources.
Ways to use this template
- Complete the planning as a faculty or course or stage coordination team.
- Upload the document to a shared drive as a ‘live’ document and evaluate the plans at key points throughout the year.
- Cross-reference the plans against the content within teaching and learning programs or units, scope and sequences, assessment schedules, assessment notifications and student resources.
- Keep a copy of this document in a folder or drive for each stage or course.
The new syllabus is to be taught in Years 3 to 10 from 2024.
Detailed implementation information including key features and resources is available on the English syllabus development page (NESA).