Refining feedback in Year 11 English Standard
Refine understanding of how to design syllabus-aligned teaching and learning activities, assessments and provide students with syllabus-aligned feedback in English Standard.
Audience: Year 11 teachers.
Module 3 of a suite of professional learning delivered by members of the English Curriculum team online using Microsoft Teams, with registration available through MyPL.
These accredited courses draw upon a range of evidence-based assessment, feedback and pedagogical practice. They allow participants to reflect upon, assess and evaluate their own knowledge of the courses, and their professional practice within their own contexts.
This live and online professional learning event is delivered via the English Statewide Staffroom (staff only), in the Professional learning channel (staff only). Participants must be a member of the Teams space to participate in the event.
This session has been designed to support teacher understanding of how to evaluate current feedback practices.
Places are limited, to secure a position in Module 3 – Refining Feedback – Year 11 English Standard, please register using the course registration on MyPL and complete the registration survey.
- Participants will refine understanding of how to design syllabus-aligned teaching and learning activities, assessments and provide students with syllabus-aligned feedback in English Standard.
- Participants will critically evaluate and reflect on samples of feedback provided to students to refine their understanding of the types of feedback that most benefit students.
- They will use different forms of data and evaluation points to reflect on and adjust their teaching practices to enhance student learning outcomes.
- Engage in self and peer evaluation and annotation of one’s own feedback practices using the same rubric.
- Construct a refinement plan outlining how feedback practices will be adjusted to better support student engagement and achievement.
This accredited professional learning is connected to the domains:
- Professional knowledge – Standard 2 – Know the content and how it teach it
- 2.3.2 Design and implement learning and teaching programs using knowledge of curriculum, assessment and reporting requirements
- Professional engagement – Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
- 7.4.2 Participate in professional and community networks and forums to broaden knowledge and improve practice.
English Stage 6 Syllabuses © NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales, 2021.