Refining assessment in Year 11 English Advanced
Module 2 of a suite of professional learning delivered by members of the English Curriculum team online using Microsoft Teams, with registration available through MyPL.
These accredited courses draw upon a range of evidence-based assessment, feedback and pedagogical practice. They allow participants to reflect upon, assess and evaluate their own knowledge of the courses, and their professional practice within their own contexts.
Audience: Year 11 teachers
This live and online professional learning event is delivered via the English Statewide Staffroom (staff only), in the Professional learning channel (staff only). Participants must be a member of the Teams space to participate in the event.
This session has been designed to support teacher understanding of how to evaluate current feedback practices.
Places are limited, to secure a position in Module 2 – Refining Assessment – Year 11 English Advanced, please register using the course registration on MyPL and complete the registration survey.
Participants will develop:
- understanding of the learning management system and the available tools to support collaboration in the online space
- understanding of online meeting communication structures so each person can engage in collegial discussion as a professional network
- understanding of the assessment tasks participants have selected to explore throughout the session, the contextual significance of the task and the formative assessment procedures
- understanding of how Module 1 has informed practice and influenced the plans for Module 2
- understand where to access and how to collaboratively edit and contribute to the participant resource documents
- clear understanding of each other’s contextually specific Stage 6 assessment needs .
- Engage in self and peer evaluation of an assessment task notification, with the annotated task submitted at the conclusion of the professional learning
- Evaluation survey
This accredited professional learning is connected to the domains:
- Professional practice – Standard 5 - Assess, provide feedback and report on student learning
- 5.1.2 Develop, select and use informal and formal, diagnostic, formative and summative assessment strategies to assess student learning
- Professional engagement – Standard 7 – Engage professionally with colleagues, parents/carers and the community
- 7.4.2 Participate in professional and community networks and forums to broaden knowledge and improve practice.