Sharing our facilities
The Department of Education encourages members of the community and education groups to use school facilities when these are not required by the school.
Community use of school facilities:
- is encouraged, when school facilities are not required for school purposes
- must only be used for activities that do not interfere with the school’s teaching and learning programs
- must only be used for activities which are consistent with the values of public education
- must be consistent with the Sharing of School Facilities policy.
Community use applications are determined on whether:
- facilities are fit for the proposed use
- the proposed use is appropriate, and
- the community user is suitable.
Unless otherwise stated in the Sharing of School Facilities implementation procedures, a written agreement is required to clarify any fees payable and the rights and obligations of the department and the user.