Other commercial activities

School facilities may also be used for other commercial activities and/or where the facilities are required for 12 months or more, for example, hiring of ovals to sporting organisations, the provision of access to a school’s catering or accommodation facilities or enabling an allied health provider to provide services at a school site.

Prospective users should contact the school principal in the first instance.

The principal will determine if the proposed use is appropriate and refer the request to School Infrastructure NSW Asset Management Unit.

On behalf of the department, School Infrastructure NSW:

  • consults with the principal to obtain the best outcomes for the school
  • sets the lease or licence fee, considering prevailing market rates
  • negotiates and signs the lease or licence agreement, which is required before the community user operates on the school site.


  • Facilities, assets and equipment

Business Unit:

  • School Infrastructure NSW
Return to top of page Back to top