Percentage of Students in Bands vs SSSG / State
The Percentage of Students in Bands vs SSSG/State report provides a high-level view of a school’s cohort percentage in each NAPLAN band for the selected assessment and domain and compares the scores to the school’s Statistically Similar School Group (SSSG) and the State.
Executive Directors and Directors of Public Schools have access to all schools within their principal network.
How will this report benefit me?
The Percentage of Students in Bands vs SSSG/State report can be used to illustrate the performance of a school’s cohort percentage in each NAPLAN student band over time and compare it to the SSSG and state.
This can be very useful to gain an overview of performance as it highlights any changes or differences in results throughout time, amongst the comparison schools and state.
What does the Percentage of Students in Bands vs SSSG / State report provide?
This one-page report presents information on:
Percentage of Students in Bands – School, SSSG, State
- This clustered column chart compares NAPLAN performance by band, for students in a school with students in statistically similar schools and the state as a whole.
- It displays the percentage of students in each band for each of the three groups – school, SSSG and state.
- Use the calendar year slicer to view the performance each year.
Number of Students in CY
This information tile shows the number of students at the school who participated in the NAPLAN assessment in the selected year, assessment and domain.
Use the slicers to compare performance for specific groups, for example, gender or enrolment type.
- Executive Director Group
- Network Name
- Calendar Year
- Enrolment Type Group
- Enrolment Type
- Aboriginal- The term Aboriginal used in this data set refers to and includes both Aboriginal peoples and Torres Strait Islander peoples. In NSW the preferred term is Aboriginal, rather than Indigenous or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
How can I use the Percentage of Students in Bands vs SSSG/State report to support my school self-assessment?
- This report allows assessment of a school’s performance as compared to the school’s SSSG and the state.
- The school comparison with the SSSG allows a like-for-like assessment of the school’s students’ performance in NAPLAN with schools with similar profiles of educational advantages/disadvantages.
- The school comparison to the state allows the school to determine their performance against all schools in the state, irrespective of relative educational advantage or the student cohort.
What should I look for?
- The chart will show the NAPLAN bands and the distribution of students by % within each band. This chart can be used to show changes in the distribution of results over time by selecting multiple calendar years.
- The SSSG provides a meaningful comparison as the students at these schools come from similar family backgrounds to students at the selected schools.
- Movement of students between the bands – this will assist in developing enriching learning activities
Where does this data come from?
How frequently is data updated?