The Teachers Handbook is currently being revised. Completed chapters will be included progressively on this site.
The Handbook will contain the current conditions of employment for teachers in the Teaching Service, and list their responsibilities. This information is extracted from primary source documents including acts, regulations, determinations, awards, agreements and arrangements. If information beyond the Teachers Handbook is sought, then those documents would need to be consulted. Where possible, a direct link has been provided to these documents, for example the Teachers Award.
These chapters of the Teachers Handbook have been developed by the NSW Department of Education and Communities in consultation with the NSW Teachers Federation. The detail of the contents is not necessarily jointly agreed.
Some of the documents linked on this page may not meet accessibility requirements. If you need help, contact (02) 9561 8780 or email@example.com
- Chapter 1 - General Conditions of Employment (PDF 224.49KB)
- Chapter 2 - Staff Welfare(staff only)
- Chapter 3 - Complaints Resolution Procedures (PDF 36.75KB)
- Chapter 4 - Leave (PDF 345.44KB)
- Chapter 5 - Professional and Legal Responsibilities of Teachers (PDF 119.7KB)
- Chapter 6 - Occupational Health and Safety (staff only)
- Chapter 7 - Permanent Part-Time Employment (PDF 59.46KB)
- Chapter 8 - Temporary Teachers (PDF 22.92KB)
- Chapter 9 - Casual Teachers (PDF 77.04KB)
- Chapter 10 - Salaries and Allowances (PDF 232.97KB)
- Chapter 11 - Separation from the Service (PDF 237.63KB)
- Chapter 12 - Superannuation (staff only)