Awards and determinations
Department of Education employees are covered by a number of industrial awards and agreements. These cover the details of salaries, leave, allowances, salary packaging and other conditions of your employment.
A list of the main awards covering department employees.
School teachers and related employees
- Crown Employees (Chief Education Officers - Department of Education) Salaries and Conditions Award 2021 - Conditions of employment agreement PDF (299 KB)
- Crown Employees (Teachers in Schools and Related Employees) Salaries and Conditions Award 2020.
Non teaching staff in schools
- Crown Employees (School Administrative and Support Staff) Award
- Crown Employees (General Assistants in Schools - Department of Education) Award
- Farm Assistants (Department of Education) Wages and Conditions Award 2020
- Crown Employees (Household Staff - Department of Education) Wages and Conditions Award 2021
- The Crown Employees (School Administrative And Support Staff, General Assistants in Schools) Standdown Award has been rescinded.
Administrative, trades and miscellaneous awards
- Crown Employees (Public Service Conditions of Employment) Award 2009. Please note the 2017 variation to clause 6 of the Award.
- Crown Employees (Librarians, Library Assistants, Library Technicians and Archivists) Award
- Crown Employees (Security and General Services) Award 2021
- Crown Employees (Public Sector - Salaries 2021) Award
- Crown Employees Wages Staff (Rates of Pay) Award 2021
- Crown Employees (Transferred Employees Compensation) Award
This is a list of the most recent determinations, currently in force, made by the Secretary, Department of Education. The determinations are listed by the Acts under which they have been made. For information regarding historical determinations, please contact us.
Teaching Service Act 1980
- Determination 1 of 2001 - Transferred Officers Compensation (PDF 94.63KB)
- Determination 1 of 2005 - Principal Appointment Review procedures (PDF 127.76KB)
- Determination 5 of 2005 - Appointments to Senior Positions - Additional Appeal Process (PDF 73.11KB)
- Determination 5 of 2006 - Casual School Teachers - Adoption, Bereavement, Maternity, Parental and Personal Carer's Entitlements (PDF 119KB)
- Determination 6 of 2006 - Extended Leave (PDF 58.04KB)
- Determination 10 of 2006 - Increase of Meal, Travel and Related Allowances for Teaching Service Staff (PDF 81.19KB)
- Determination 12 of 2006 - Public Service Holiday (PDF 37.13KB)
- Determination 4 of 2007 - Principal Liaison Officers - Conditions of Employment (PDF 56.55KB)
- Determination 1 of 2008 - Staffing Procedures in Schools (PDF 1683.06KB)
- Determination 1 of 2009 - Workers Compensation - Accident Leave (PDF 59.46KB)
- Determination 6 of 2009 - Educational Paraprofessionals - Classification and Qualification Requirements (PDF 46.2KB)
- Determination 7 of 2009 - Broken Hill Teaching Service Staff - Medical and Dental Expenses (PDF 37.79KB)
- Determination 1 of 2010 - Teacher Mentors (PDF 32.34KB)
- Determination 4 of 2010 - Special Conditions of Employment for the Principal at the Saturday School of Community Languages (PDF 68.75KB)
- Determination 3 of 2011 - Lactation Breaks (PDF 66.74KB)
- Determination 4 of 2012 - Domestic Violence Leave (PDF 174.61KB)
- Determination 1 of 2013 - Arts Unit Officers and Advisors (PDF 67.45KB)
- Determination 1 of 2016 - Principal, School Leadership (PDF 134.75KB)
- Determination 2 of 2016 - Multi-campus Colleges - Principal Salary (PDF 187.36KB)
- Determination 3 of 2016 - Determination of exemption from probation (PDF 74KB)
- Determination 4 of 2016 - Sick Leave (PDF 191.01KB)
- Determination 5 of 2016 - Family and Community Service Leave (PDF 220.23KB)
- Determination 6 of 2016 - Annual Leave and Payment for Non-Attendance by Teachers in Non Term Weeks (PDF 314.66KB)
- Determination 7 of 2016 - Maternity Leave (PDF 469.73KB)
- Determination 8 of 2016 - Parental Leave (PDF 483.42KB)
- Determination 9 of 2016 - Adoption Leave (PDF 543.72KB)
- Determination 2 of 2021 - Chief Education Officers (PDF 298KB)
- Determination 1 of 2022 - COVID-19 Vaccination (PDF 164.4 KB) and Exemptions (PDF 88.8 KB).
Education (School Administrative and Support Staff) Act, 1987
- Determination 1 of 2007 - Training allowance for school administrative and support staff (PDF 37.12KB)
- Determination 2 of 2009 - Operational Paraprofessional Classification (PDF 27.58KB)
- Determination 3 of 2009 - Operational Paraprofessionals - Remuneration and Conditions (PDF 69.5KB)
- Determination 1 of 2022 - COVID-19 Vaccination (PDF 165.2 KB) and Exemptions (PDF 102.4 KB).
Government Sector Employment Act, 2013
- Determination 1 of 2015 - Wages and Conditions of Employment of School Canteen Employees (PDF 441.94KB)
- Determination 1 of 2022 - Department of Education School Psychologist and Senior Psychologist (PDF 176.5 KB)
Public Sector Employment and Management Act, 2002
Education Commission Act Determinations
- Determination 32 of 1982 - Travelling Compensation (PDF 276.26KB)
- Determination 39 of 1982 - Excess Hours and Compensatory Leave (PDF 195.71KB)