Mathematics – Early Stage 1 – Unit 2
Patterns have something that repeats over and over and over again – Sample unit to support implementation of the Mathematics K-2 Syllabus. In this two-week unit develops student knowledge, understanding and skills of working with patterns.
Mathematics K-2 Syllabus © 2021 NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales.
In this unit students will learn to:
- subitise dot patterns 1 to 5
- copy, create, and complete repeating patterns
- identify part-whole combinations up to 5
Syllabus focus and content group
Representing whole number – MAO-WM-01, MAE-RWN-01, MAE-RWN-02
- Recognise number patterns
- Instantly name the number of objects within a small collection
Combining and separating quantities – MAO-WM-01, MAE-CSQ-02
- Identify part-whole relationships in numbers up to 10
Forming Groups– MAO-WM-01, MAE-FG-01
- Copy, continue and create patterns