Switch it up
7 reasons to actively travel to and from school
Did you know that most students in NSW travel to school by car even though they live less than two kilometres from their school? Are you one of them? If so, think about switching it up and give it a go.
There's many physical, social and mental benefits to walk, cycle or use public transport to travel to and from school.
- is a great opportunity to socialise with others
- connects you with others in the community
- gives you time and space to think
- gets you moving and keeps you physically active
- improves your concentration and readiness to learn
- helps your independence and resiliency
- reduces traffic congestion around school which is better for the environment.
Download the Switch it Up active travel pdf