Planning, programming and assessing economics
Resources to help you plan, program and assess economics in Years 11-12.
Economics is an understanding of contemporary economic issues.
Through the study of economics students to:
- comprehend the impact of interest rates, share value and the Australian dollar on Australians and the economy in general
- recognise fluctuations in global and Australian economies and the effects on business
- understand why levels of employment vary
- consider how to use economic thinking to preserve the natural environment
- analyse, synthesise and evaluate information from a variety of sources
- communicate findings and ideas in a variety of forms.
Economics Stage 6 Syllabus (2009) contains the syllabus and support materials including a sample assessment schedule, information about the HSC exam specifications and assessment requirements as well as standards packages and past papers.
Economics HSC revision resource (DOCX 95KB) - Use this to support students in their studies as they prepare for the HSC exam. The included activities can be used as part of classroom learning or set for independent study. The resource is designed to be used in part or in full to fit the contextual needs of your teaching.
The HSC hub contains quality resources aligned to NSW syllabuses. Access resources designed by our curriculum experts to support the delivery of HSIE subjects in the lead-up to the HSC examinations.
Economics-success in the written examination
30min presentation with tips for studying and completing the written examination.