Culturally relevant resources
Partnering with the Secretariat of National Aboriginal and Islander Child Care (SNAICC), the NSW Department of Education has developed a suite of culturally specific resources aimed to provide ongoing guidance and reference for services when implementing the National Quality Framework into daily practice.
These following resources are available to all service providers and for early childhood education staff:
These resources cover a range of topics including:
- Deadly Resources for Quality Services (PDF 624 KB)
- Getting to know the National Quality Framework (PDF 665 KB)
- Checklist of Obligations: Under the National Quality Framework (PDF 456 KB)
- Deadly Reflections Daily Practices (PDF 702 KB)
- Unpacking Critical Reflection: Dilly Bag of Tools for Team Leaders (PDF 1.2 MB)
- Providing a Deadly Service for our Jarjums/Boori: Quality Improvement Workbook (PDF 1.3 MB)
- What does the National Quality Framework mean for our Children? (PDF 566 KB)
- Grants and Funded Programs: How to Stay Informed (PDF 335 KB)
- A Refresh on the National Quality Framework: Tool for Educators (PDF 658 KB)
The topics include:
- Aboriginal Perspective on Critical Reflection
- Governance Responsibilities as Committee Members.
If there are any questions about the training materials, you can contact the Early Childhood Education Information and Enquiries team at email@example.com or phone 1800 619 113 (toll free).