Fees apply to a range of transactions. These transaction fees may vary depending on the service type and service size or they may be a fixed amount.
Annual fees also apply to early childhood education and care services in NSW. The amount and due date depend on whether your service is regulated under the National Law and the National Regulations or the NSW State Law and NSW State Regulations.
National Law and National Regulations
In accordance with the Regulations, Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) set the fees and increase them each year in line with inflation.
Payment can only be made via BPAY or by credit card through the NQA ITS.
We take no responsibility if incorrect payment methods are used (such as cheque or direct deposit/EFT). Please ensure you only pay each invoice once, that you pay the full amount and that you use the correct reference number.
Overdue invoices will incur a late fee and in some cases may result in the suspension of a service approval.
A table of current fees is available from ACECQA's website.
Fees apply to a range of transactions. These are payable at the time you lodge the relevant application through the National Quality Agenda IT System (NQA ITS). Some of the more common transactions are:
- Application for service approval
- Application for provider approval
- Application for reassessment and re-rating
- Notification of intended transfer of service approval
- Application for service waiver
- Application for temporary waiver
- Application for highest rating
Every service also needs to pay an annual fee. The annual fee amount depends on the type of service (centre-based or family day care) and the size of the service (small, medium or large).
- Small: Less than 24 approved places
- Medium: 25 - 80 approved places
- Large: Over 81 approved places
- Family day care:
- Small: Less than 5 educators registered with the service
- Medium: 6 - 20 educators registered with the service
- Large: Over 21 educators registered with the service
Invoices for annual service fees are sent to approved providers on 1 June through the NQA ITS and are due on or before 1 July each year.
If you plan to transfer your service around that time of year, the person responsible for the payment is the approved provider that owns the service on 1 July.
NSW State Law and State Regulations
Fee amounts are detailed in the NSW State Regulations and are not increased in line with inflation.
Fees only apply to new service approval applications and annual fees for existing services. Other transactions under the NSW State Law and NSW State Regulations do not incur a fee.
New service approval
An application for a new service approval must be accompanied by both an application fee and the annual fee for the first year of the approval.
- Home-based ($400)
- Mobile ($600)
- Centre-based (depends on size)
- Small: Provided to not more than 29 children ($400)
- Medium: Provided to 30 to 60 children ($600)
- Large: Provided to 61 children or more ($800)
- Home-based ($185)
- Mobile ($275)
- Centre-based (depends on size)
- Small: Provided to not more than 29 children ($185)
- Medium: Provided to 30 to 60 children ($275)
- Large: Provided to 61 children or more ($365)
It does not apply to an approved service that is changing ownership.
Existing service approval
Approved providers are required to pay, in advance, an annual fee for each year in which the service approval is held. Each year begins on the anniversary date on which the service approval was first granted.
Invoices for annual service fees will be sent to approved providers approximately four weeks prior to the service approval anniversary date.
Payment can only be made via BPAY or by credit card by completing the credit card slip attached to your invoice. We take no responsibility if incorrect payment methods are used.
Please ensure you:
- only pay each invoice once
- pay the full amount
- use the correct reference number.
Failure to pay the prescribed annual fee by the due date may result in the suspension of a service approval.
Any fee-related queries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org