Scope and sequence – Software Engineering
Scope and sequences form part of the ongoing documentation or evidence schools maintain to comply with the department’s policy, policy standards, and registration requirements.
Developing a robust scope and sequence has many benefits and may help teachers and schools to:
- promote high expectations for student learning
- identify opportunities for explicit teaching
- create opportunities for students to receive feedback on their learning
- systematically plan for and undertake assessment
- collect and use data to monitor achievements and identify gaps in learning
- differentiate curriculum delivery to meet the needs of students at different levels of achievement
- collaborate with other teachers to plan for quality teaching and learning.
This resource can be used as a basis for the teacher’s own program, assessment, or scope and sequence. Teachers will need to contextualise all Department of Education resources for their classroom. This sample scope and sequence has suggested timeframes that may need to be adjusted by the teacher to meet the needs of their students.
Syllabus outcomes and content descriptors from Software Engineering 11–12 Syllabus (2022) © NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) for and on behalf of the Crown in right of the State of New South Wales.